The Building Safety Division offers over the counter plan review every Tuesday from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm for the following permits:
- Patio Covers/Pergolas
- Small residential remodels including basement finishes
- Hot Tubs
- Gas Lines
- Size change or new opening for windows or doors
- If the permit requires further review, it will not be issued over the counter and will be subject to the normal plan review time frame.
- Over the counter plan review still requires all subcontractors to be added to the permit. The contractors must be current with their City of Louisville contractor’s license. If one or more of the subcontractors are not current with their license, the permit cannot be issued until they are made current.
Permits not available for over the counter plan review:
- Any commercial projects
- New builds
- Any project where exterior work is being done to a structure 50 years old or older
- Solar PV Systems