- Press Releases
- Cable Channel 8/Web Streaming
- Community Update Newsletter
- Utility Bill Inserts
- City Manager's Weekly Update
- Citizen Inquiries
- Engage Louisville
- Social Media
Social Media Use Guidelines
The City’s use of social media sites is provided as a public service. While the City’s social media sites allow for comments and postings relevant to particular discussions, users shall comply with the posting guidelines listed below. The City reserves the right to remove comments/materials that violate these guidelines.
The City intends all of its social media sites to strengthen the quality of life of its residents and small town character of Louisville. The City does NOT allow and will remove from its social media sites comments/materials that display any of the following content:
- Obscene, profane, explicit, racist, abusive, or hateful content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, political party, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Campaign related posts of any kind, including links to any sites that are associated with, sponsored by, or serve a candidate for elected office, any political party, or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal;
- Commercial solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or nongovernmental agency;
- Potentially defamatory or libelous, personal attacks, threats, harassment, insults, or language inciting violence;
- Content that infringes on copyrighted or trademarked material;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; and
- Private or personal materials published without content.
Users of City social media sites participate at their own risk, taking personal responsibility for their comments, username, and any information provided. Except for comments by an account administrator, any comment posted on a City social media site is the opinion of the poster only and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City. The City’s social media sites should not be used for any official communications to the City (e.g., reporting crimes or dangerous conditions, giving notice required by the City Charter, by ordinance, or by state statute). Official communications should be directed to the appropriate City department for response.
If an entry includes a link to another website, the City does not verify or endorse the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness or security of the link, site or content linked thereto. The City urges users to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar site.
All posts on the City’s social media sites are considered open records under the Colorado Open Records Act and therefore will be open to public inspection. The City reserves the right and may choose to reprint comments/materials posted on its social media sites to other media (e.g., comments/materials to City staff or City Council).
If you have any questions or would like to report a violation of this policy, please contact the City’s Public Information Officer by calling 303.335.4528 or emailing PIO@LouisvilleCO.Gov.