Check out the latest news from the Recreation/Senior Center & Aquatics Facilities Expansion Study and find out how you can get involved.
The City Council created the Recreation/Senior & Aquatics Task Force on September 1, 2015 to provide advisory recommendations on a possible expansion of the Recreation/Senior Center and possible aquatics expansion.
The Task Force's goals are:
- Work with staff and City officials to evaluate current facilities.
- Evaluate facility capacity
- Evaluate resident and non-resident use
- Assist and participate in hosting open houses and/or workshops to collect and evaluate data and obtain comments from the community.
- Compare and contrast what the City of Louisville facilities offer compared and relative to other neighboring communities or communities of similar size
- Create project goals
- Develop and evaluate alternatives
- Propose a facility design and program, consider all practical financing options, and consider a move forward towards a possible bond election in November 2016
Meeting Agendas & Information
- October 29
- November 18
- December 2 Open House - Topic of Discussion: Aquatic Facilities
- December 9 Open House - Topic of Discussion: Recreation/Senior Center Expansion
- December 14 Recreation Center Facility Tour
- December 16
- January 13
- January 27
- February 10
- March 16
- March 30
- April 13
- April 27
- May 7 Subcommittee Meeting
- May 11
- May 25 Subcommittee Meeting
- May 25
- June 15 Subcommittee Meeting
- June 15
- June 29